Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Little things

Backstory: today I bought a moleskine notebook, a decision about which I was fairly conflicted. On the one hand: they are nice products that have earned their somewhat revered status through substance of merit and not simply because it is a Name people Know. On the other hand: they are completely a dickhipster thing to have, sort of. In my defense, I do not think I fall into the realm of dickhipster because my glasses have very thin frames, my pants fit properly, and I do not like Godard or TV on the Radio. Also I consulted with wise council on the matter and had my worries assuaged.

Anyway, I figured it was important to put the money spent on the notebook to use immediately, and eventually wound up with the following:



As soon as I finished it I was surprised that I had not managed to incorporate some joke based around this premise in a strip somewhere years before, as it basically writes itself from this starting point. I guess that’s still an option. It should be noted, as well, that I also tried to think of some kind of joke hinging upon an anagram of the sign (which would have worked better if I had drawn it to look as though it used letters like marquees and the like) but I came up short, envisioning only some kind of punch line that involved our friend getting slapped with a “shrug fee.”

I also drew a robot, but this is not the place for such things. Perhaps the time is nigh to create a blog for such matters...

No comments: